- ICAO: LEMU
- Type of airfield: AOPA
- Province: Alicante
- Nearest town: Mutxamel
- Security: VFR-HJ
- Operator: Aeródromo de Mutxamel S.L.,
Partida La Almaina 92
03110 Mutxamel - Alicante
Tel: 965 950 882 / 689 284 676
- Airfield information:
- Co-ordinates: 38º 26' 24" N 0º 28' 26" W
- Elevation: 437
- Runway: Tarred 900 x 11m
- Fuel available: Only AVGAS 100LL – MOGAS 95 not available
- Radio frequency: 123.50 MHz
- Observations: Payment of landing fees, weather reports and flight plans should be arranged in with the Mutxamel airfield administration in the information tower.
- Noise: The airfield surroundings are highly noise-sensitive (see VFR approach chart) aeródromo es muy sensible al ruido (Ver ficha de aproximación visual). Do not overfly the populated areas to the north. All circuits to be done to the south of the airfield.
- Web page: http://www.aerodromodemutxamel.es
- Runway orientation (magnetic): 12 / 30
- Mutxamel VFR approach chart
- Map of Aerodrome
- Information tower: The tower offers a Flight Information Service, consisting of air traffic information, QNH, wind direction and strength, opening and closing of flight plans, and taxying and parking instructions.
It is important to note that this is an information service only, not Air Traffic Control – all flight decisions therefore rest with the pilot in command of each aircraft.
There is also a comfortable operations room for checking weather briefings, prepare flight plans and access flight planning information as required.
- Information Tower operating hours:
- Monday to Friday: 09:00h to SUNSET (local time)
- Weekends and holidays: 10:00h to 14:00h (local time)
- Parking and Hangar availability:
- Hangars: Mutxamel Aerodrome currently disposes of 2 hangars housing a total of 15 aircraft. To satisfy growing demand, the construction of another hangar is underway.
- Southern GA Apron: The South GA apron is reserved for aircraft based at the airfield.
- Northern GA Apron (not tarred): The northern GA apron is available for visiting aircraft.
- Car rental: Rental cars with or without driver can be booked at the airfield. These can be collected in the airfield parking lot and are available at special rates. To ensure availability please reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Taxi service: Tele-Taxi Muchamiel +34 96 510 1611
- Bar: Restaurant open every day except Tuesday
- Accomodation: Mutxamel Airfield has an arrangement with the 4-Star Hotel Golf Bonalba, to offer clients bookings at very attractive rates. This luxurious hotel with golf course and spa is just 5km from the aerodrome.
Please consult the hotel webpage for more information: www.hotelbonalba.com
- Its privileged location between the mountains and the sea lends a special beauty to Alicante. This is a seafaring city through and through. As Juan Gil-Albert said: "Alicante never stops looking towards the Mediterranean."
- Gastronomy: The local kitchen is without doubt one of the best known attributes of Alicante.
The food is typical mediterranean fare that has been deeply enriched by the history, location, climate and fertile soil of the region.
- Beaches: Alicante has the highest number of beaches in the Valencia Autonomous Region classified as “excellent” by the Department of Environment, which takes into account the water quality, maintenance and services of the various beaches.
- Leisure: Thanks to its excellent climate year-round, with an average temperature of 18º C, Alicante is an ideal destination for a wide variety of outdoor activities like golf, boating, fishing, hiking etc.